This will be the deck system. We cut cider boards in half length ways and then drilled holes three inches from the ends and then fed rebar through to serve as a pivoting point.
Keri is cutting and measuring the poly-gal for the spin of the mobile. The poly-gal will then be covered in perforated steel and underneath the poly-gal will be LED lights to light the spin at night.
Late night Tuesday we got the van truck shocks installed. The wing is being held up entirely by the van truck shocks.
We had to fiddle with the wings and the shocks a bit more. We realized that they didn't open up high enough and there for need three shocks to bear the weight of the door. The rotational pivot of the shocks and the length to which they can extend took us quite a while to figure out.
This is another project that we have been working on. It's a little crazy. It is a canteen/wind turbine built on top of a 6' x 10' trailer. The idea is that the wind turbine, which will pull out from the the structure to expose itself, will generate power for the canteen area and possible other things, as well as serving to teach the local community of Cheticamp Cape Breton about wind power. Since Cheticamp is such a extremely windy place, with winds sometimes around hurricane strength, we felt that a structure that could educate as well as provide a service during community events would be great.
The next few post will be some of process work done so far for the 'Cheticamper'.